One of my '08 resolutions was anger management.. And since I have some time on my hand.. I started thinking of DIY ways to overcome that "urge" u get when ur faced with stupidity, irresponsibility, or hurt (Things that tick u off en generale).
I think we have different tolerance levels to every person according to 3 person-specific measures, and 3 general measures
- how much u care for that person ( loved ones tend to get a few notches off the marker)
- the person's track record (have they done this before? Do they have excuses..eg. Ongoing stressors?)
- how BIG the issue is.. (I.e how bad they screwed up, and will it effect u on the long run?)
- ur stress level (are u sleep deprived? Overworked? Sad?)
- ur caffeine, nicotine, endorfine (whatever floats ur boat; hormones and pms included) level
- ur previous experiences (with that situation or others)
And so, the next time u want to blow up in someone's face, reconsider.. Take some time to think it out.. You might change ur mind once u take all those factors into consideration!
- to serenity! xx
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device